Sunday, October 28, 2012

Woo! They fit me again!

It's been a while since I've posted, I apologise. I'm now writing daily in a paper diary (so old school!) before every meal instead of writing much on my blog. I find that it really helps me with my mindset and working out whether I am actually hungry or whether I am reaching for food out of boredom or stress.

On the weight-loss front, I can tell you that if you purely looked at my weight, you'd probably think that I had gone backwards! I've posted about this before - where the numbers just don't show the whole picture.

I currently weigh 84.2kg but I'm the same size as I was when I was under 80kg. I fit into my size 12 pants (woohooo!!!) and I feel great! I still have a long way to go, but I am trying not to base things around weight - more on body fat percentage and measurements. I still want to lose about 6-8% body fat, so I have a little way to go yet.

My lean body mass is now at 58.7kg (up from ~56kg)! I have really put on the muscle in the last month - I have been doing BodyPump daily or second daily and the results have been fantastic! I increased my squat weight by 5kg yesterday and coped fine! Any heavier and I'm going to have trouble getting the weight onto my shoulders by myself!!! My chest/triceps/biceps have all gone up by 2.5kg. And my core is SO much stronger than it has been! It's all paying off. The definition in my arms particularly, are really coming back! I love it!

I still have the odd slip-up with my nutrition, but with my diary I am finding that I am making better choices and really analysing things. I do allow myself to eat a 'taste' of something if I want something sugary, but I don't go overboard and I'm finding this helps me feel less 'restricted'.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to summer and Christmas! The holiday season (without much of a holiday - thanks work!)

1 comment:

thetriroad said...

Excellent! The paper diary idea is good too. I should probably try that...