The next task is to work out what gear you have and what gear you will need to successfully complete the program.
I really have no excuses when it comes to this - I have SO much stuff!
What I have...
* Gym membership - I just joined a new gym!
* Heart rate monitor - bought one second hand. I will upgrade to a fancy one as a reward.
* Running shoes - I just bought a new pair and they are SOOOO insanely comfortable! They arrive in 1-2 weeks (I bought them online to save $$$) and I can't wait to crack them out for their first run!
* Workout clothes - No issues there! I have a whole drawer full!
* Music - iPhone and headphones!
* What if it rains? You have a gym membership and a treadmill at home!
* Yoga mat - though I would also like a thicker mat for pilates at home
* Skipping rope - I really should crack that out and see how many cals I can burn in half an hour of skipping! That'd be a fun game!
* Weights - I have a nice collection of weights at home ranging from 1kg to 10kg.
* Swimming - I have three heated pools nearby! I have swimmers, goggles and plenty of towels. No excuses!
* Cycling - I have two bikes (one that needs repairing) and lots of places to ride!
So where will I be training?
EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! I plan on mixing things up regularly with the gym, the pool, the park and my home treadmill. The girls and I are always thinking up new ways to workout and will be doing a tennis session and some other fun things in the near future!
* New HRM - Polar RS300X with footpod
* Thick pilates mat
* Trail shoes - Ghost GTX